Monday, August 30, 2010

Their Answer, Our Savior, My Love

A month ago, I lost a hundred,
A fortnight ago, I lost fifty more,
A week ago, I lost twenty more,
A day ago, I lost yet more.

The plague which devoured my people,
The plague which ravaged this land,
The plague which crippled my heart,
The plague which destroyed my faith.

I’d sit here, immune to the curse,
As my brothers suffered before me,
As my sisters would die before me,
As infants would cry remorselessly.

I woke to the morning sun,
I wept to the morning sun,
I cursed the morning sun,
As I prayed to the morning sun.

“My lords, with unmatched wisdom,
My lords, with unmatched age,
My lords, with the purest soul,
My lords, with love for the unloved!”

“I beseech ye! Hear my prayers,
I beseech ye! Save this land,
I beseech ye! Save my people,
I beseech ye! Save my faith!”

An answer, the lords did send,
An answer, to all my prayers,
An answer, which would save the land,
An answer, sent in an angelic form.

She did arrive in my land so gracefully,
She did behold the untold sacred beauty,
She did arrive, with a cure for this curse,
She did heal all who looked upon her.

All who saw her surely did survive,
All who died had been brought back alive,
All were blessed, except this heart of mine,
For I was the one who fell in love with her.

I’d rejoice with my sisters,
I’d rejoice with my brothers,
I’d rejoice with my elders,
I’d play with the infants.

But eight years to that day,
As I wake to the morning sun,
I relinquish a tear from my heart,
A tear for the angel of the glorious past.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing, just Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww your good =D. From Alexa x

    ReplyDelete

  3. All who saw her surely did survive,
    All who died had been brought back alive,
    All were blessed, except this heart of mine,
    For I was the one who fell in love with her.

    Them chills have been nailed.

    ReplyDelete