Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Repeat

I thought the curse was going to break today,
I craved respite from this shadow most evil,
For the will be it sand or iron, would break away,
And the hex would scar and wound, but never kill.

I thought the shadows would be driven away,
Their fear birthed by the promise of your light,
Each pulse of your pure heart, birthed a new ray,
The shadows need not bother readying to fight.

I thought I could still see the that which is true,
I believed the shadows had never taken my mind,
For my soul could never cease to believe in you,
Another soul like yours would take a lifetime to find.

I really thought you'd break the curse today,
For you made me believe in your lovely vision,
My soul and heart now have seen you betray,
A lie told and a mask worn, I tasted my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment