Monday, August 22, 2016

Snapped

Oh holy father who art in hell,
Hear me fall and ring the bell.
The time has come, hear me now,
before your grace I do humbly bow.

Raise your hands through the hellish sky,
Towards my heart and soul fix your eye.
Raise your hands through the brown earth,
And pull me down to you, through the dirt.

Push your icy hands through my chest,
Take away my soul's spirit, make it rest,
Wrap your ice bone fingers around this heart,
Freeze it to the core, and make heat depart.

The light is a burden, not a gift,
One I refuse to any longer lift,
For the weight has crippled me,
At back, spirit, shoulder and knee.

A nightmare masquerading as a dream,
Where the light is poison it would seem.
An enchantment or hex or maybe madness,
Which turns each happy moment to sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment